Here are a few common questions that we receive from parents, coaches, and athletes about mental performance coaching and sports psychology.
WHAT IS MENTAL PERFORMANCE COACHING?
Mental Performance Coaching helps athletes strive for peak performance. This is accomplished by improving mental skills, such as confidence, concentration (focus) and composure. As well as, uncovering faulty thinking and irrational beliefs that get in the way of peak performance. Mental Performance Coaching is NOT psychotherapy or therapy.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Mental Coaching Helps Athletes:
- Understand how the mind influences performance.
- Apply mental strategies to help perform their best in competition.
- Improve practice efficiency and focus.
- Learn how to mentally prepare for competition and take your practice game to competition.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU OR YOUR ATHLETE?
- Your performance is inconsistent in competition.
- You’ve lost confidence or are in a performance slump.
- You become easily or frequently distracted.
- You get upset with yourself easily after mistakes.
- You feel tight or controlled in competition compared to practice.
- You’ve lost enjoyment because you are so hard on yourself.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Before sessions begin the athlete will be given an AMAP assessment that will identify their top mental performance challenges. The athlete will then receive a customized mental performance plan to help with improvements and one-on-one coaching with the Coach Chelsea!
CAN IT HELP MY TEAM?
YES! It can help your team avoid slumps by:
- Enhancing confidence
- Improving focus
- Increasing practice efficiency
- Building team unity
- Enhancing communication among athletes & coaches
WHAT AGE CAN ATHLETES BEGIN MENTAL COACHING?
Around 10 to 12 years old–depending on the athlete! At this age the athlete is able to understand concepts and why they are participating in mental coaching.
** We do NOT guarantee results, every athlete has different results based on their understanding and effort they put in.
To See Our Services Click Below.